- Applications are now being accepted for Board of Trustees positions for the new Boulder Public Library District, which was approved by voters last year. Trustees will guide the development of this new form of library governance. Deadline March 29.
- The City of Longmont seeks an Art in Public Places assistant. Open until filled.
- WESTAF’s 2023-24 TourWest grant application is officially open. For nearly 30 years, TourWest has provided subsidies to arts and community organizations for the presentation of touring performers and literary artists within the 13-state WESTAF region, allocating approximately $500,000 a year in small amounts throughout the region. Deadline May 29.
- Community Foundation Boulder County (CFBC) seeks a Communications Manager who shares CFBC’s vision for building a more equitable Boulder County. Deadline April 14.
- Empathy Theater Project seeks a Development Director.
- Colorado Creates FY24 will open March 28. This is general operating support for arts nonprofits in Colorado. They highly recommend you attend an information session with CCI staff on March 31 as there are a few changes this year. Register for the Q&A here.
- Street Wise Arts seeks artists for a live painting event during the Boulder Creek Festival’s Art Zone. Artists will each “Live Paint” a picnic bench or similar object on Saturday, May 27 during the Boulder Creek Fest. Deadline March 31.
- Boulder County, the City of Boulder, the City of Longmont, and Mental Health Partners are offering free mental health and suicide intervention and prevention trainings. Register for cost-covered training by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Studio Arts Boulder seeks a Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator directly supports the mission by overseeing the successful planning and completion of education programs.
- Hyperallergic’s Opportunities page has national listings by month.
- Artwork Archives’ Best Artist Grants & Opportunities.
- Check out the Boulder Chamber Job Board, featuring open roles from Chamber members, as well as opportunities to join their team.
- City of Boulder job openings can be found on the website.
- Sign up for the new Colorado Arts Action Network (CAAN) and lend your voice to support arts in Colorado.
- Artist Communities Alliance (ACA) upcoming deadlines for residency opportunities.
Many of the resources we have listed in previous newsletters are still open for applications. The full list of resources is available at the Colorado Creative Industries website.
Resources during the COVID-19 Crisis
These are difficult times for everyone. There are many ways support is being coordinated at all levels. In this section, we will pass along resources at the local, regional, state, and national level for financial assistance. Our goal is to support and help you, the art leaders of Boulder, sustain your workforce and your business through this crisis.
- The most comprehensive list can be found on the Colorado Creative Industries website.
- Americans for the Arts is archiving their very informative webinars on COVID-19 policy updates and resources.
- The National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness & Emergency Response is a voluntary task force of national, regional, state and local arts organizations, and other agencies. They have the capacity and ability to respond effectively to disasters and emergencies affecting the arts and culture sector.
- CERF+ was started by artists for artists in the craft community as a grassroots mutual aid effort in 1985. It has since emerged as the leading nonprofit organization that uniquely focuses on safeguarding artists’ livelihoods nationwide. CERF+ serves artists who work in craft disciplines by providing a safety net to support strong and sustainable careers.
- The Colorado Artist Relief Fund supports artists experiencing economic distress as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund provides grants of up to $1,000 to individual artists living in Colorado, working in multiple disciplines. Rolling deadline.
- Artspace Consulting is now providing up to two hours of free consultations and technical support to any arts and culture organization or municipality as a response to the mounting effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Americans for the Arts (AFTA) Action Fund is maintaining an updated table of programs to track the changing situation with the CARES Act.
- Colorado Creative Industries has updated their COVID-19 response programs, including new deadlines and funding for things like the CO CARES Grant, CO Creatives Relief Grant, and more. Check their COVID-19 resources website to check in on these and other resources across the state.
- The Boulder Library is now offering remote access to the Colorado Grants Guide, an online tool for grant funding research. Use your library card to access it today.
- Federal support is being made available to nonprofits through loans, unemployment, and other programs. The Boulder Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is providing a list of resources on their website. Nonprofits and small business owners are encouraged to consult with the SBDC for guidance on these programs. Visit bouldersbdc.com and select Consulting on the top menu.
- National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness Response (NCAPER) Resources for Organizations
- Philanthropy Colorado lists of resources
- Americans for the Arts Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource and Response Center
- Corona Insights is offering free consultations with arts nonprofits to help them create a strategy for sustaining the organization through the crisis.
- The Boulder Chamber of Commerce is hosting a website with detailed resources for businesses and nonprofits.
For Artists and Small Business Owners
- The Leeds School of Business at CU-Boulder and Jeff Nytch at the Entrepreneurship Center for Music have expanded the COVenture Forward program to cultural nonprofits. This “management triage” connects free expert mentorship to help small businesses and, now, the arts and culture sector survive the COVID-19 crisis and plan for a thriving future.
- CERF+ Coronavirus Resources
- The Federal assistance described above may also be helpful for small business owners. Visit bouldersbdc.com and select Consulting on the top menu. Fill out the Request Initial Assistance form.
- Emergency Grants – Foundation for Contemporary Arts
- Emergency Grants – Women Arts
- Emergency Relief Programs – Alliance of Artists Communities
- AGMA Relief Fund
- Actors Fund Emergency Financial Assistance (not just for actors)
- Shade Literary Arts Queer Writers of Color Relief Fund (national)
- The Artists’ Fellowship provides emergency aid to professional fine artists and their families in times of sickness, natural disaster, bereavement or unexpected extreme hardship. At this time, they are temporarily limiting relief and assistance applications to those qualified applicants who are dealing with immediate MEDICAL emergencies and their aftermaths.
- Beauty Changes Lives and the Horst Rechelbacher Foundation are offering relief grants for beauty professionals or students of beauty programs.
In Support of our Arts Community
- Contact Boulder County Arts Alliance or the Community Foundation of Boulder County to donate for direct support of artists in our community.
Arts and culture are essential to Colorado’s economic and social vitality. It’s undeniable that artists, cultural organizations and creative businesses need your support, now more than ever, as they face major economic challenges due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. There are many ways you can help the arts sector survive this challenging time, as well as continue to be enriched by Colorado’s artistic vibrancy. You can do so by Forgoing Ticket Refunds, Donating Today and Supporting Colorado Artists. Arts through it All is a result of collaborative efforts amongst a coalition of the state’s leading arts and cultural organizations, including Bonfils-Stanton Foundation, Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA), Colorado Creative Industries (CCI), Scientific & Cultural Facilities District (SCFD), and several local and regional arts agencies, including Denver Arts & Venues, City of Boulder Office of Arts and Culture, the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region (COPPeR), and others.
There are many more resources available. A great list is found on the Grantmakers in the Arts website. Staff at the Office of Arts and Culture is participating in a city-wide response to the emergency. And, we continue to monitor the ongoing state and Federal response. We will add resources to this newsletter as they become available.
CITY OF BOULDER
- Boulder Arts Commission Grants
- City of Boulder Public Art
- Dance Bridge
- Boulder Public Library Concert Series
- Boulder Public Library Cinema Program
- Boulder Public Library Exhibitions
- Boulder Public Library Calendar of Events
GRANT SEARCH ENGINES AND RESOURSE LISTS
- Colorado Grants Guide – Free with a Boulder Public Library card!
- Artwork Archive Blog
- Joining Vision and Action
- Grant Station
- Grant Watch
- Arts Incubator of the Rockies
- Boulder County Arts Alliance (BCAA)
- Colorado Association of Funders
- Colorado Creative Industries
- Colorado Dance Education Organization
- Colorado Visitor’s Bureau
- Community Foundation Boulder County
- Denver Actors Fund
- El Pomar Foundation
- Kroger Community Foundation
- Presenting Denver
- Rose Community Foundation
- Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD)
- Social Venture Partners
- Think360Arts: Teaching Artists
- Americans for the Arts (AFTA)
- Artwork Archive
- Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- UC Berkeley has created a Mental Health Resources Guide to help prevent creative and professional burnout
ART IN PUBLIC PLACES
- Americans for the Arts Public Art Network
- Call for Entry (Café)
- City of Longmont
- City of Loveland
- Denver Arts and Venues
- Town of Lyons
- Fund for Writers
- New Pages
- Money Saving Guide for Authors and Writers
- Poets & Writers Magazine
- Poetry Writing and Analysis Guide
- The Ultimate Freelance Writing Career Guide
- Disney/ABC Television Group
- Film Festivals Calls for Entry
- Film Independent
- Movie Bytes
- No Film School
- New York Television Festival (NYTVF)
- Vision Maker Media
- Art Cantina
- Art Deadlines List
- Call for Entry (Café)
- College Art Association
- Professional Artist Magazine
Have a suggestion to add to our list? Email email@example.com.