Si prefiere leer esta información en español, por favor haga clic aquí.
To facilitate and assist community cultural groups with access and affordability of performance venues, the Boulder Arts Commission and eTown offer up to 12 days per calendar year of rent-free space at eTown Hall.
FUNDING DETAILS: The grant is for rent only; the applicant will be fully responsible for any and all additional fees required by eTown, including but not limited to equipment rental, direct labor costs for technical staff, ushers, security personnel, etc. You may apply for a maximum of one day of free rental annually.
All applicants must have the requested dates confirmed with eTown Hall at the time of the application, and supply a letter of verification from eTown with the pertinent date information included. Receiving a grant from the Boulder Arts Commission does not guarantee the award of a specific date or dates. The actual date(s) awarded will depend on availability of the space. It is the applicant’s responsibility to inquire about availability and pay for additional costs at eTown. The contact phone number for eTown is 303-443-8696 and website page is here.
How to Apply
- Review the below information in full.
- Log onto the Boulder Arts Commission online grant portal. If you have not logged on before, make a profile. Applications must be submitted using our online grant applications.
- Complete the application by 11:59 p.m. on the day of the deadline. The application consists of:
- Online application form.
- Venue confirmation: letter of verification or contract
- Budget Summary for the project
- Look for an automated email message confirming receipt of your application.
- Staff reviews applications and awards are announced at the next meeting of the Boulder Arts Commission following the deadline.
- If you are awarded a grant, staff from the Office of Arts and Culture will contact you to complete any necessary paperwork.
- General eligibility. Meets all general eligibility requirements.
- Open to all. Anyone may apply once the general eligibility guidelines are met.
- Timeframe. eTown Hall Rental event dates must take place after the grant funding decision and within the calendar year during which they are applied for.
- Venue confirmation.All applications must include a letter of commitment from the eTown management indicating the project date(s). Letters should follow the normal business standard, on letterhead when possible and signed by the author; email correspondence is not accepted. A contract with eTown including the project dates and rental fees is an acceptable alternative.
- Proposals for free rental of eTown Hall are approved through administrative review by staff of the City of Boulder Office of Arts Culture and awards are announced at the next meeting of the Boulder Arts Commission following the deadline.
- Evaluation of applications. Proposals for free rental of eTown Hall are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those who have met all the requirements of application, including the venue confirmation and budget summary. Award in previous years does not imply continued support. Each application is reviewed anew in the context of current policies and applications.
Log onto the Boulder Arts Commission online grant portal to preview and apply. If you have not logged on before, make a profile. Applications must be submitted using our online grant applications.
The Community Vitality Department of the City of Boulder is offering free parking for attendees at fee waivered eTown Hall programs. After finalizing your agreement with the Boulder Arts Commission, you’ll receive a QR code to share with your attendees. Free parking for attendees has been provided as in-kind support by the Community Vitality Department of the City of Boulder.
Submit the report through the online system access through the boulderarts.org website. Log in with the same user name and password utilized to submit the application. After logging in, go to the ‘Dashboard’, then you’ll see a ‘Follow Up’ section for the grant. On the far right is the ‘Edit’ button. That will take you to complete the final report.
Written appeals process. The deadline for a written appeal is 14 days after funding decisions have been made. The appeals process can be found on our website.
General Eligibility Requirements
General Grant Guidelines & Process