City of Boulder Employee Art Show
Part of the state-wide “On Your Own Time” art show from Colorado Business Committee for the Arts
|March 16, 8am – April 6, 11:59pm||Entries accepted (online entries only)|
|April 13||Exhibitors announced|
|April 20 (9 am-noon)||Artwork dropped off at the Boulder Public Library, 1001 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder CO 80301|
|April 23||Exhibition Opens / People’s Choice voting begins|
|April 30||People’s Choice voting ends|
|May 1 (5-7 pm)||Artists reception and awards ceremony|
|May 4||Exhibition closes|
|May 5 (9 am – noon)||Pick up artwork|
|May 6||Award recipients’ artwork dropped off at Republic Plaza, Denver|
|May 12-30||CBCA Multi Company Exhibit at Republic Plaza|
|June 1||Pick up artwork|
Participants must be employees of the City of Boulder or members of an employee’s immediate family who reside in Colorado.
What artwork may be included?
- Any works of art that have been previously completed within the last two years or artwork completed specifically for this event, may be included.
- Entries are limited to one artwork per person.
- Works of art that have special display requirements or need security should be identified in advance and plans made to accommodate them if necessary.
- We will not be able to accept works of film, video, or animation.
Categories of artwork to be included
- Digital Media – work created in Adobe Creative Suite or similar program such as AutoCAD
- Film/video/animation will not be accepted (digital photographs should be in Photography)
- Fine Arts – acrylics, drawings, oils, prints, or watercolors
- Fine Crafts – clay, fabric, metal, glass, or wood
- Photography – traditional or digital
- Professional – all mediums by an artist that routinely exhibits/sells his or her artwork
- Sculpture – 3-dimensional artwork
- Young Artist 12 & Under – all mediums (use age at time of artwork creation)
- Young Artist 13-18 – all mediums (use age at time of artwork creation)
Entry and Display Requirements
- ALL entries must be original works of art – no kits or partial kits (this includes but is not limited to: paint by numbers, commercial sewing patterns, commercial jewelry and/or craft patterns, etc.)
- ALL entries must have been created in non-working time
- ALL works must be ready to hang or display:
- 2-dimensional works MUST be wired and/or have a “D” ring hardware for hanging
- 2-dimensional works on paper and photography must be framed with a glass or acrylic barrier to protect the artwork
- French cleat or “saw-tooth” hanging systems WILL NOT be accepted
- Hanging fiber and/or textile works MUST have a proper hanging systems (i.e. dowel system)
- Each entry MUST have an attached label on its back or underside with the following information:
- Artist’s Name
- City of Boulder
- Artwork Title
- Cell Phone Number
- Email Address
- CBCA and the City of Boulder reserve the right to refuse to exhibit any work they deem unacceptable due to poor craftsmanship, lack of compliance with hanging guidelines or unsuitability for viewing in a public venue
- CBCA and the City of Boulder will not accept for display 1) political statements, 2) imagery that promotes a single religious viewpoint over others, 3) lewd or pornographic depictions, 4) violent or menacing images that promote hate speech, ethnic slurs or intolerance.