The Boulder Arts Commission was established in 1979 to increase awareness and support for the arts. It consists of five members appointed by City Council for five-year terms.
The Commission’s functions are:
- To promote and encourage the development and public awareness of and interest in the fine and performing arts in the city;
- To advise the city council in connection with all matters relating to the artistic and cultural development of the city;
- To perform such other functions associated with the arts as the council may from time to time direct;
- To make recommendations to the council with respect to annual budget appropriations for the arts;
- To assist in the preparation of applications for grants or other sources of funding for arts programs for the city;
- To administer the city arts grant program and other city arts programs pursuant to any authority provided therefor by ordinance of the council; and
- To advise and consult with local arts groups as requested by such groups or by the council.
Boulder Arts Commissioners
Members of the community are encouraged to contact commissioners. Please be aware that, due to transparency rules any correspondence with the full commission will be included in the public record.
|Term Expires||Appointment Date||Name||Address
|2021||2016||Mark Villarreal||4140 Evans Drive
|2023||2016||Kathleen McCormick, Chair||3055 11th St
|2022||2017||Devin Hughes||1820 15th Street
|2024||2019||Bruce Borowsky, Vice Chair||1600 Range St #100
|2025||2020||Georgia Schmid||(619) 228-3237
Boulder Arts Commission Meetings and Agendas
For Boulder Arts Commission meeting dates, agendas, packets, and information on previous meetings please visit our Meetings & Agendas page.
Applications for Arts Commissioner
Applicants are required to be a resident of the City of Boulder. The term runs for five years. For more information to become an Arts Commissioner, please go to the City of Boulder’s website.