Si prefiere leer esta información en español, por favor haga clic aquí. Se puede responder a la solicitud en español. Un miembro del personal de la Oficina de Artes y Cultura traducirá sus respuestas para que sean revisadas.
For this application in other languages please contact the Office of Arts + Culture Program Manager Lauren Click at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE: Encouraging leadership and the sharing of good practices through professional development will advance our creative economy, support professionals and businesses, and enhance cultural dialog.
How to Apply
- Review the below information in full.
- Log onto the Boulder Arts Commission online grant portal. If you have not logged on before, make a profile. Applications must be submitted using our online grant applications.
- Complete the application by 11:59 p.m. on the day of the deadline. The application consists of:
- Online application form.
- Look for an automated email message confirming receipt of your application.
- Professional Development Scholarships are awarded by the Office of Arts and Culture staff.
- Staff reviews applications and notifies applicants on the date noted below. Awards are announced at the next meeting of the Boulder Arts Commission following the notification of decision.
- When a grant is awarded, staff from the Office of Arts and Culture will contact the successful Applicant to complete any necessary paperwork.
Total funds: $8,000. $4,000 per round.
Cycle: Twice annually. Opportunities must take place in the calendar year the application is submitted.
Maximum Amounts for Scholarships: The costs of registration, travel and expenses up to $500 for programs which take place in Colorado, or up to $1,000 for programs that take place out-of-state, or $500 for on-line opportunities.
Professional Development Grant applications are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those who have met all the requirements of application. Staff may take applications to the Arts Commission for review should they have questions. Online and in person programs are acceptable.
Details: Individuals may apply for any professional development opportunity they wish. In addition, we encourage participation in two specific programs:
DEADLINES: Two deadlines. These are awarded by Office of Arts and Culture staff. Staff reviews applications and awards are announced at the next meeting of the Boulder Arts Commission following the notification of decision.
Professional Development Grants, Round One
- Wednesday, January 1, 2023 – Applications open
- Tuesday, February 28 at 11:59 p.m. – Deadline for applications
- February 28 to March 10 – Staff review of applications (11 days)
- Friday, March 10 – Notification of decisions
Professional Development Grants, Round Two
- Tuesday, February 28 – Applications open
- Monday, May 15 at 11:59 p.m. – Deadline for applications
- May 16 to May 30 – Staff review of applications (15 days)
- Tuesday, May 30 – Notification of decision
- General eligibility. Meets all general eligibility requirements.
- Service area. The applicant must demonstrate that they reside at a permanent household address in the city limits of Boulder. Applicants may also demonstrate that their employer fulfills this requirement. Examples of documentation to demonstrate being headquartered or residing in Boulder may include a utility bill, phone bill, pay stub, renter’s or mortgage bill, lease, insurance policy, or other official document. P.O. Boxes are not acceptable. The term “city limits of Boulder” is defined in the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan. For additional information on the planning area and Comprehensive Plan visit this link. As a shorthand, office staff use addresses with the zip code starting with 803— to determine if it is in the acceptable area.
- Professional development opportunities must take place after the grant funding decision and within the calendar year the grant is awarded.
- Award Limitations. One scholarship per individual will be awarded each year. Consideration will be given to maximize the number of organizations participating.
- Deliberation. Proposals for Professional Development Scholarships are approved through administrative review by staff of the City of Boulder Office of Arts Culture and awards are announced at the next meeting of the Boulder Arts Commission following the deadline.
- Evaluation of applications. Professional Development Grant applications are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those who have met all the requirements of application. Staff may take applications to the Arts Commission for review should they have questions.
- Evaluation criteria.
- Contribution to Boulder culture
- Professional experience (resume)
Written Appeals Process. The deadline for a written appeal is 14 days after funding decisions has been made by the Boulder Arts Commission. The appeals process can be found here.
Submit the report through the online system access through the boulderarts.org website. Log in with the same user name and password utilized to submit the application. After logging in, go to the ‘Dashboard’, then you’ll see a ‘Follow Up’ section for the grant. On the far right is the ‘Edit’ button. That will take you to complete the final report.