Si prefiere leer esta información en español, por favor haga clic aquí. Se puede responder a la solicitud en español. Un miembro del personal de la Oficina de Artes y Cultura traducirá sus respuestas para que sean revisadas.
For this application in other languages please contact the Office of Arts + Culture Program Manager Lauren Click at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arts Education Project Grant provides opportunities for children in the City of Boulder to have unique experiences with practicing artists, access to tools and techniques, or improved instruction in the creative professions. The goal of the grant is to increase the exposure of students to unique and memorable experiences that may shape their future in cultural participation and creative careers.
How to Apply
- Review the below information.
- Log onto the Boulder Arts Commission online grant portal. If you have not logged on before, make a profile. Applications must be submitted using our online grant applications.
- Complete the application by 11:59 p.m. on the day of the deadline.
- Look for an automated email message confirming receipt of your application.
- After the deadline, applications will be sent to the panel for scoring and comments. The panel consists of the seven City Council-appointed Boulder Arts Commissioners.
- You will receive notification that the panel’s scores and comments on your application are available. Please review their scores and comments and prepare a one-page response for the panel.
- Before the Arts Commission meeting, the panel will rescore the applications. At the decision meeting, the members of the Boulder Arts Commission then deliberate to decide final approval of the applications which will receive a grant.
- When a grant is awarded, staff from the Office of Arts and Culture will contact the successful Applicant to complete any necessary paperwork.
Total Funds: $30,000
Awards: Approximately 10 awards at $3,000 each
Details: The award amount of $3,000 is a maximum funding guideline. Smaller requests will be accepted.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION: Wednesday, April 19 at 11:59 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 19 at 11:59 p.m. – Deadline for applications
- April 19 to 26 – Review by staff for eligibility and revision by applicants if necessary
- April 26 to May 10 – Preliminary review and score by panel (15 days)
- May 10 to 17 – Score processing by staff
- May 17 – Preliminary scores and comments sent to applicants via email
- May 17 to 24 – Applicants prepare and send written responses to the panel’s questions. The written response should be emailed to Lauren Click at email@example.com by Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at 11:59pm.
- May 24 to 31 – Response processing by staff
- May 31 – Responses sent to panel
- May 31 to June 14 – Final review and score by panel (15 days)
- June 14 to 23 – Processing of final scores
- June 23 – Final scores sent to applicants via email
- June 28, 2023 – Arts Commission meeting. Discussion and final decisions on grants
- General eligibility. Meets all general eligibility requirements.
- Open to educators, administrators, and presenters. Classroom teachers and school administrators in public schools, private schools, home school associations, and non-traditional classroom settings, as well as artists / individuals / organizations collaborating with schools on programming are eligible.
- Service area and programming. Projects must have a significant component of public programming that takes place within the city limits of Boulder. This programming must meet the criteria described in the Chapter 14-1-2 of the City of Boulder Revised Code. For organizations, the applicant must demonstrate that they are headquartered in the city limits of Boulder. For individuals, the applicant must demonstrate that they reside at a permanent household address in the city limits of Boulder. Applicants may also demonstrate that they are partnered with a Boulder-based artist or organization. Examples of documentation to demonstrate being headquartered or residing in Boulder may include a utility bill, phone bill, pay stub, renter’s or mortgage bill, lease, insurance policy, or other official document. P.O. Boxes are not acceptable. The term “city limits of Boulder” is defined in the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan. For additional information on the planning area and Comprehensive Plan visit this link. As a shorthand, office staff use addresses with the zip code starting with 803— to determine if it is in the acceptable area.
- Timing. Projects must take place after the grant deadline and end before the end of the 2024 spring semester.
- Deliberation. Applications are reviewed by the Boulder Arts Commission grants panel. Final funding decisions are made at public Boulder Arts Commission meetings. See schedule.
- Evaluation of applications. Funding in previous years does not imply continued support. Each application is reviewed anew in the context of current policies and applications. Applicants that have received repeated funding should be aware that the Boulder Arts Commission looks for indication of growth and a fresh approach to their work.
- Evaluation criteria
- Benefit to students (Maximum 8 points)
- Complementing curriculum (Maximum 8 points)
- Proposed outcomes and evaluation strategy (Maximum 8 points)
- Community Priorities (Maximum 8 points)
- Cultural equity (Maximum 8 points)
- Encouragement points (Maximum 4 points)
- The complete scoring system and rubric for the Arts Education Project Grant can be found here.
Written Appeals Process. The deadline for a written appeal is 14 days after funding decisions has been made by the Boulder Arts Commission. The appeals process can be found here.
Grant report forms are on the Boulder Arts Commission grants software. Log in with the same user name and password utilized to submit the application. After logging in, go to the ‘Dashboard’, then you’ll see a ‘Follow Up’ section for the grant. On the far right is the ‘Edit’ button. That will take you to complete the final report.
After you submit the report you’ll receive email confirmation and copy of the report via the email that you have included in the report. Contact Lauren Click at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-564-2355 if you do not receive email confirmation.