PURPOSE: Encouraging leadership and the sharing of good practices through professional development will advance our creative economy, support professionals and businesses, and enhance cultural dialog.
How to Apply
- Review the below information in full.
- Log onto the Boulder Arts Commission online grant portal. If you have not logged on before, make a profile. Applications must be submitted using our online grant applications. We encourage you to watch this training video for instructions on registering and applying online.
- Complete the application by 11:59 p.m. on the day of the deadline. The application consists of:
- Online application form
- Look for an automated email message confirming receipt of your application.
- Professional Development Scholarships are awarded by the Office of Arts and Culture staff.
- Staff reviews applications and notifies applicants on the date noted below. Awards are announced at the next meeting of the Boulder Arts Commission following the notification of decision.
- If you are awarded a grant, staff from the Office of Arts and Culture will contact you to complete any necessary paperwork.
Total funds: $17,000. Round one: $10,000. Round two: $7,000.
Cycle: Annually. Opportunities must take place in the calendar year the application is submitted.
Maximum Amounts for Scholarships: The costs of registration, travel and expenses up to $500 for programs which take place in Colorado, or up to $1,000 for programs that take place out-of-state, or $500 for on-line opportunities.
Details: Individuals may apply for any professional development opportunity they wish. In addition, we encourage participation in two specific programs:
DEADLINES: Two deadlines. These are awarded by Office of Arts and Culture staff. Staff reviews applications and awards are announced at the next meeting of the Boulder Arts Commission following the notification of decision.
Professional Development Grants, Round One
- Monday, Feb. 18 at 11:59 p.m. – Deadline for applications
- 18 to March 4 – Staff review of applications (15 days)
- March 4 – Notification of decision
Professional Development Grants, Round Two
- Monday, May 20 at 11:59 p.m. – Deadline for applications
- May 20 to June 3 – Staff review of applications (15 days)
- June 3 – Notification of decision
- General eligibility. Meets all general eligibility requirements.
- Open to all. Anyone may apply once the general eligibility guidelines are met.
- Professional development opportunities must take place after the grant funding decision and within the calendar year the grant is awarded.
- Deliberation. Proposals for Professional Development Scholarships are approved through administrative review by staff of the City of Boulder Office of Arts Culture and awards are announced at the next meeting of the Boulder Arts Commission following the deadline.
- Evaluation of applications. Staff may take applications to the Arts Commission for review should they have questions.
- Evaluation criteria.
- Contribution to Boulder culture
- Professional experience (resume)
To apply, log on to the Boulder Arts Commission grants software and complete the online grant application. The software is new for the Arts Commission as of Fall 2017, so you may need to make a new profile.
Written Appeals Process. The deadline for a written appeal is 14 days after funding decisions has been made by the Boulder Arts Commission. The appeals process can be found here.
Grant report forms are on the Boulder Arts Commission grants software. Log onto the same account used to apply for the grant, and look under “Follow Up Forms” for the reporting form.
After you submit the report you’ll receive email confirmation and copy of the report via the email that you have included in the report. Contact Lauren Click at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-564-2355 if you do not receive email confirmation.