The Arts Education Project Grant provides opportunities for children in the City of Boulder to have unique experiences with practicing artists, access to tools and techniques, or improved instruction in the creative professions. The goal of the grant is to increase the exposure of students to unique and memorable experiences that may shape their future in cultural participation and creative careers.
Total Funds: $30,000
Awards: Approximately 10 awards at $3,000 each
Details: The award amount of $3,000 is a maximum funding guideline. Smaller requests will be accepted.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION: Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018, at 5 p.m.
- General eligibility. Meets all general eligibility requirements.
- Open to educators, administrators, and presenters. Classroom teachers and school administrators in public schools, private schools, home school associations, and non-traditional classroom settings, as well as artists / individuals / organizations collaborating with schools on programming are eligible.
- Service area and programming. Projects must have a demonstrated benefit to school children in the City of Boulder.
- Projects must take place after the grant deadline and end before the end of the 2019 spring semester.
- Deliberation. Grant proposals are reviewed at Boulder Arts Commission meetings. See schedule.
- Evaluation of applications. Funding in previous years does not imply continued support. Each application is reviewed anew in the context of current policies and applications. Applicants that have received repeated funding should be aware that the Boulder Arts Commission looks for indication of growth and a fresh approach to their work.
- Evaluation criteria.
- Benefit to students (Maximum 8 points)
- Complementing curriculum (Maximum 8 points)
- Proposed outcomes and evaluation strategy (Maximum 8 points)
- Artistic excellence (Maximum 8 points)
- Boulder focus (Maximum 4 points)
- Encouragement points (Maximum 4 points)
- Cultural equity (Maximum 4 points)
- The complete scoring system and rubric for the Arts Education Project Grant can be found here.
Wednesday, Feb. 21, 5 p.m. – Deadline for applications.
Feb. 22 to March 4 – Review by staff for eligibility and revision by applicants if necessary
March 5 to March 31 – Preliminary review and score by panel (26 days)
April 1 to April 12 – Score processing by staff
April 12 – Preliminary scores posted online
April 12 to April 18 – Applicants prepare three minute optional presentation for Boulder Arts Commission meeting
April 18 Arts Commission meeting – Presentations by applicants; panel rescore; discussion and final decisions on grants
Written Appeals Process. The deadline for a written appeal is 14 days after funding decisions has been made by the Boulder Arts Commission. The appeals process can be found here.
To preview the application and apply, log on to the Boulder Arts Commission grants software and complete the online grant application. The software is new for the Arts Commission as of Fall 2017, so you may need to make a new profile.
2017 grant report forms can be found through this link. After you you submit the report you’ll receive email confirmation and copy of the report via the email that you have included in the report.
2018 grant report forms are on the Boulder Arts Commission grants software. Log onto the same account used to apply for the grant, and look under ‘Follow Up Forms’ for the reporting form. After you you submit the report you’ll receive email confirmation and copy of the report via the email that you have included in the report.
Contact Lauren Click at email@example.com or 720-564-2355 if you do not receive email confirmation from either system.