The Arts Education Project Grant provides opportunities for children in the City of Boulder to have unique experiences with practicing artists, access to tools and techniques, or improved instruction in the creative professions. The goal of the grant is to increase the exposure of students to unique and memorable experiences that may shape their future in cultural participation and creative careers.
Total Funds: $30,000
Awards: 8 @ maximum $3,000 each; *Opportunity Grant – 2 @ maximum $3,000 each.
Details: The award amount of $3,000 is a maximum funding guideline. Smaller requests will be accepted.
*Opportunity Grant: This grant is open to first time applicants or applicants who have not received a Boulder Arts Commission grant in the last 5 years.
- General Eligibility. Meets all general eligibility requirements.
- Open to Educators, Administrators, and Presenters. Classroom teachers and school administrators in public schools, private schools, home school associations, and non-traditional classroom settings, as well as artists/ individuals/organizations collaborating with schools on programming are eligible.
- Service Area and Programming. Projects must have a demonstrated benefit to school children in the City of Boulder.
- Projects must take place after the grant deadline and end before the end of the 2018 spring semester.
- Benefit to Students
- Complementing Curriculum
- Proposed Outcomes and Evaluation Strategy
- Artistic Excellence
- Boulder Focus
The full scoring system and rubric for the Community Project Grant can be found at https://boulderarts.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Scoring-System.pdf
Written Appeals Process. The deadline for a written appeal is 14 days after funding decisions has been made by the Boulder Arts Commission. The appeals process can be found here.
Applications for 2017 Arts Education Project Grants are now closed. Awarded proposals can be found on this page. Check back in fall 2017 for the new deadlines.
The report form can be found through this link. After you you submit the report you’ll receive email confirmation and copy of the report via the email that you have included in the report. Contact Lauren Click at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-564-2355 if you do not receive email confirmation.